We are seeking a forward thinking and experienced Financial Controller to join a wind generating business in Melbourne, Australia. This is an exciting opportunity for some one to partner with the General Manager where you have overall financial management for the project.
This is a permanent position. Your expertise will play a crucial role in this prestigious renewable project. You will be coming from at least 5 years in a similar position and ideally with knowledge of renewable power industry. Those with experience in Audit, Tax and Assurance will be preferred.
Due to the size of the project we encourage applications from those candidates with at least 15 years experience in financial management, and a familiarity with Australia's corporate tax laws and regulations. As well as having superior analytical and synthesis skills, you will be a strong communicator who thrives in a busy environment, remaining calm and a breast of latest trends. You will ensure high standards, have an energetic mentality and a desire to strive for continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in adapting to a fast moving, changing environment, always professional and respectful to cultural differences and a determination for results.
- Manage day-to-day company accounts in all aspects to include but not limited to: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, banks, payroll, inventory, fixed assets, reconciliations.
- Manage and coordinate all relationships with stakeholders, internal staff and external parties and agencies.
- Lead and coordinate all activities related to the administration of project financing arrangements, preparing recommendations and reports for the management teams.
- Assist with financial planning and analysis, reporting and completion of internal and external audits.
- Oversee Budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Ensure company and government compliance in all duties.
- Establish and maintain an effective performance management system
- Insurance management - negotiations, procurement, analysis, and claim management
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized University. Preferred Masters in Finance and/or Business Administration.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, CMA, CA, ACCA.
- Proficiency with current financial software, Oracle preferred.
- Understanding of local GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience of working within an international company and with a multicultural environment.
- Legally rights to work full time in Australia.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience. APPLY NOW
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws and regulations
Due to the number of applications, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Select Offshore have proudly been trusted by our clients and candidates for over 40 years. We have a global network for both permanent and contracting positions across Oil, Gas & Renewables sectors. If you are looking for an opportunity that is not advertised please contact our permanent executive team for a confidential discussion to see what other opportunities we have