We are seeking a Tender / Bid Engineer to join a dynamic and collaborative team based in Aberdeen. Are you a forward thinking Engineer, who has experience with vessels in offshore oil fields for planning, coordination and delivering competitive and successful tenders? If so, APPLY NOW – Immediate start available.
In this newly appointed role, you will play a crucial part in the planning, execution, and coordination of tender activities, ensuring compliance with internal processes and exceeding customer expectations. Your technical expertise will support and empower our Commercial Team, fostering collaboration across various internal departments. You will be managing multiple tenders across the business with an eye for detail and an excellent commercial understanding.
· Technical knowledge – providing technical support in the preparation of tenders, reviewing technical specifications and requirements, outlining solutions, creating plans and method statements and time schedules whilst providing costing estimates.
· Be a collaborative, strong team player confident with respectfully working at all levels to in-house teams, senior management and external parties.
· Excellent Communicator working with subcontractors and vendors to negotiate pricing and delivery as part of the tendering process.
· Support and develop price and costing models to enhance successful tendering of future opportunities.
· As a highly organised person you will be used to planning works, managing tight deadlines, and problem solving for personnel and equipment requirements.
· Contribute to tender meetings and debriefs, collating information and fostering knowledge for future tenders and liaising with customers.
· Responsible for the handover of successful bids to project teams for delivery. Providing all documentation and tendering specifications.
· Flexibility and drive to get stuck in and get the job completed – one team mentality.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Business management or equivalent experience.
· Min of 2 years' of experience in a bid proposal/tendering/estimation role. Ideally with some offshore/oil field/vessel experience.
· Preferable Tender Experience in – Engineered Solutions, Inspection Maintenance & Repair, Plug & abandonment decommissioning, Renewable route preparation, Installation (trees, manifolds, flexibles, umbilicals) Light Well intervention etc.
· Fluent in verbal and written English - Strong experience in documentation analysis, review and cost reporting.
· Familiarity with legislation for best practices and performance standards. Compliance with internal and external procedures, policies.
· Sound computing experience in Microsoft programs and Sharepoint. Familiarity with enterprise management software (e.g., PeopleSoft), AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), and XaitPorter.
· Legal rights to work in the UK
· An excellent motivated culture of success and exciting projects.
· An amazing modern office in Dyce (Aberdeen) with parking, gym, nursery, canteen and coffee shop available.
· Hybrid working available – 3 days in the office, longer weekends working from home.
· 32 days holiday a year (inc. public holidays)
· Private medical insurance
· Pension Contribution (with employer contributing more as you do).
· A competitive salary depending on tendering experience.
· An opportunity to grow and develop with a highly regarded company.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume highlighting your relevant experience. APPLY NOW
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Due to the number of applications, we can only contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then your application has been unsuccessful.
Select Offshore have proudly been trusted by our clients and candidates for over 40 years. We have a global network for both permanent and contracting positions across Oil, Gas & Renewables sectors. If you are looking for an opportunity that is not advertised please contact our permanent executive team for a confidential discussion to see what other opportunities we have.