(updated May 2018)
Select collects information about you to make the recruitment process as easy and safe as possible. Your data is very important; we understand that. Therefore, we are fully committed to protecting your privacy.
What type of information does Select retain?
We retain data including name, contact details and other relevant information directly from your CV. This may also include obtaining data about you from third parties (e.g. LinkedIn or job boards).
How will Select be using your personal data?
Select specialise in finding you job opportunities, so the information we collect enables us to provide the best possible service. We will notify you of future job opportunities and provide you with valuable market information.
Will Select share your personal data, if so, who with?
With permission, we may share your information with any member of The Select Recruitment Group (company number 09966603), and other trusted third parties, to help us deliver our services to you. Under certain circumstances, we may occasionally be required by a regulatory body or law enforcement agency to disclose certain personal information.
How long will Select hold your personal data for?
We will store your data only for as long as necessary. We will also conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises to make sure the information we have is relevant and accurate.
What are your rights?
Your data is under your control. Should you wish to stop receiving emails or calls from us, you will be able to opt-out from the communications at any time.
How do you contact us?
Please feel free to call us anytime on (0044 (0) 203 745 7901) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about how we process, store and share your personal information.
Right to Object: You have a legal right to object at any point to:
(i) the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
(ii) the processing of your personal information, based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds for our continued processing.
Select Offshore Limited (company number 8634426) (“Select”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including job applications on our website, e-mails, conversations/meetings with our consultants, or through any of our offices or websites globally, is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information we collect
Personal Information we will collect, store and hold include;
- Personal information provided in your CV and forwarding letter or email
- The information you have provided as part of the recruitment process, include;
Title, full name, date of birth, address, telephone number personal email address, gender, career history including full date records, remuneration history, reasons for leaving and any performance related information such as promotions or disciplinary, professional affiliations, references, any right to work certificates or visas.
- We will likely obtain further personal information about you during the course of our relationship with you, such as during interview process through screening meetings before representation.
- We may also collect and hold and use further personal information for ‘special categories’ regarding race or ethnic origin as well as health and sickness records.
- Length of service and details of performance from referees provided by you
- From third parties such as specific job boards
How we use your Personal Information
We will store, use, and share your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to provide our recruitment services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship (whether you are a user of our website, a client or candidate);
- to facilitate you to submit your CV for general applications, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts;
- to match your profile with relevant job opportunities, to assist us in finding a role that is best suited to you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to our clients to apply for jobs;
- to hold your details and update you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to offer products and services, advise you of news and relevant industry updates.
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to provide additional services to you by sharing your personal data with other companies within our Group of companies as well as trusted third parties. Further information about this are outlined in the separate section below;
- to provide personal details to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so;
- our website uses website tracking technology which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling and any text entered into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website user-experience. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting and is not shared with anybody else.
We may process, in accordance with local regulations, certain sensitive personal data (known as special category data in GDPR) where you include it in the information you send to us (e.g. if you include information about your health, religion or ethnic origin in the CV you send to us). We may also be required to conduct criminal record checks against your details. We have processes in place to limit our use and disclosure of such sensitive data other than where permitted by law.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Info
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
- Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract– to enable us to facilitate obligations that we commence in providing a service to you, or to enable us to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
- Necessary for compliance with legal obligations– we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us, from time to time, to process your personal data. We may also be required, by law, to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests– either we, or a third party, will need to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, providing we have established that those interests are not overridden by your rights and freedoms, including your right to have your personal data protected. Our legitimate interests include responding to requests and enquiries from you or a third party, optimising our website and customer experience, informing you about our products and services and ensuring that our operations are conducted in an appropriate and efficient manner;
- Consent – in some circumstances, we may ask for your consent to process your personal data in a particular way.
How we share your Personal Information
There may be certain circumstances where we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Other Companies within our Group within the EEA
Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, we will share your personal information with other companies in the Select Group of companies in the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We will share your personal information as above for any (or all) of the following purposes:
- to provide you with recruitment services;
- for business development;
- for the development of systems and testing;
- for the marketing of other products and services;
- to enable us to improve our customer service and to make our services more relevant to you; and/or
- to customise our website, and the websites of other companies in our Group, when you log on to make them relevant to you personally.
Other companies within our Group outside the EEA
In the event you require us to explore job opportunities for you outside the EEA area, we will ensure that you are notified of our intentions to pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, other companies within our Group of companies worldwide so they can use it for the purposes detailed above. If you would like details of the companies within our Group which can access your personal information, please contact us using the details in the contact section below.
We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested.
Trusted Third Parties
We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
- employment reference checking;
- qualification checking;
- criminal reference checking (as required);
- verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
- psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
New business owners
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such event and will have the option to opt out then.
How long we will hold your information
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will be determined by the services we perform for you and for how long these are required for. We often support candidates with placements over many years, and potentially throughout their entire careers. The purpose for which we retain candidate data is often for an ongoing purpose. We conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long.
Our standard terms of business state that our clients should retain candidate data (such as CVs) for the purposes of the specific role you apply for and that, as controllers of your data, they should inform you if they plan to retain your CV on file for the purpose of notifying you about potential future opportunities, or to otherwise hold or use your data for other purposes.
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are detailed below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
Right of Access
You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain aspects of the request. If we refuse your request or any aspect of it, we will provide you reasons for doing so.
Right of Correction or Completion
If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to rectify, update or complete the data. You can let us know by contacting us using any of the methods in the contact section below.
Right of Removal
You have the right to request personal information we hold about you to be deleted e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
Right to object to or restrict processing
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to us processing your personal information. This can be done by contacting us using any of the methods in the contact section below. For example, if we are processing your information based on our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
Right of Data Portability
In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third-party organisation.
The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
you have provided to us previously
While we are happy for the above requests to be made, it is not possible to guarantee technical compatibility with a third-party organisation’s systems. We are also unable to comply with requests relating to personal information of others without their consent.
You can exercise any of the above rights by contacting us using any of the methods in the contact section below.
Most of the above rights are subject to limitations and exceptions. We will provide reasons if we are unable to comply with any request for the exercise of your rights.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point. This can be done by contacting us using the details in the contact section below.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your name and e-mail address, which will allow us to keep you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your relevant industry and to provide you with relevant industry news information related to our services.
Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, please send an email to email@example.com using the words OPT OUT. Job alerts emails are sent by Select or a company within our Group of companies.
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they become available. Your CV will be stored in our database and will be accessible by our recruitment consultants. Your CV may also be emailed directly to other companies within our Group of companies for review and entry onto their database to enable them to provide their services to you.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Information about Select Offshore online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website and the websites of all the companies in the Select Recruitment Group of companies, for example:
- which area users access most frequently; and/or
- which services users access the most.
We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine the most beneficial services for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
Like most websites, when you visit our sites we place cookies on your computer or another device. For the most part, these cookies are used to enable the websites’ functionality, improve the user experience or help us to optimise our websites, measure traffic and other internal management purposes.
If you are unhappy about our use of your personal information, you can contact us using the details in the contact section below. You are also entitled to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office using any of the below contact methods:
0303 123 11113
Information Commissioner’s Office
If you live or work outside the UK or you have a complaint concerning our activities outside the UK, you may prefer to lodge a complaint with a different supervisory authority. A list of relevant authorities in the EEA and the European Free Trade Area can be accessed here.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via third party networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Select Offshore is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we will from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
We do not have a blacklist.
If you have any enquiries or if you would like to contact us about our processing of your personal information, including to exercise your rights as outlined above, please contact us either by email or letter to the following address: –
Swift House, Ground Floor, 18 Hoffmanns Way,
If you have a complaint please contact us either by email or letter to the following address: –
Contact name: Mike Tann (Data Protection Officer)
Swift House, Ground Floor, 18 Hoffmanns Way,
When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.
Our registered office is at:
Swift House, Ground Floor, 18 Hoffmanns Way,